- Peru’s Third Who Defends Your Data? Report: Stronger Commitments from ISPs, But Imbalances, and Gaps to Bridge.by Veridiana Alimonti on Oct 21, 2020
Hiperderecho, Peru’s leading digital rights organization, has launched today its third ¿Quién Defiende Tus Datos? (Who Defends you Data)--a […]
- Open Access Must Be the Rule, Not the Exceptionby Elliot Harmon on Oct 21, 2020
Not Just for COVID-19, But for the Next Crisis Too The COVID-19 pandemic demands that governments, scientific researchers, and industry work together […]
- EFF to Supreme Court: American Companies Complicit in Human Rights Abuses Abroad Should Be Held Accountableby Cindy Cohn on Oct 21, 2020
For years EFF has been calling for U.S. companies that act as “repressions little helpers” to be held accountable, and now we’re telling the […]
- EU Parliament Paves the Way for an Ambitious Internet Billby Christoph Schmon on Oct 21, 2020
The European Union has made the first step towards a significant overhaul of its core platform regulation, the e-Commerce Directive. In order to […]
- Members of Congress Join the Fight for Protest Surveillance Transparencyby Matthew Guariglia on Oct 20, 2020
Three members of Congress have joined the fight for the right to protest by sending a letter to the Privacy and Civil Liberties Oversight Board […]
- Video Hearing Wednesday: Advocacy Orgs Go to Court to Block Trump’s Retaliation Against Fact-Checkingby Rebecca Jeschke on Oct 20, 2020
Lawsuit Challenges Executive Order Pressuring Social Media Companies to Ignore President’s False ClaimsSan Francisco – On Wednesday, October 21 […]
- Pioneer Award Ceremony 2020: A Celebration of Communitiesby Jason Kelley on Oct 20, 2020
Last week, we celebrated the 29th Annual—and first ever online—Pioneer Award Ceremony, which EFF convenes for our digital heroes and the folks […]
- Coinbase’s Transparency Report Is a Welcome First Stepby Hayley Tsukayama on Oct 19, 2020
Coinbase has released its first transparency report, and we’re encouraged to see the company take this first step and commit to issuing future […]
- Augmented Reality Must Have Augmented Privacyby Katitza Rodriguez on Oct 16, 2020
Imagine walking down the street, looking for a good cup of coffee. In the distance, a storefront glows in green through your smart glasses, […]
- California Is Putting Together A Broadband Plan. We Have Thoughts.by Ernesto Falcon on Oct 16, 2020
Right now the California Public Utilities Commission and the California Broadband Council are collecting public comments to create the California […]
- CIOs Prep for 2021 Post-Pandemic Opportunity
Gartner's CIO Agenda survey reveals that top CIOs are capitalizing on renewed interest by corporate boards in digital business and technologies for improving customer experience.
- Why Higher Ed CIOs Should Embrace Moving to the Cloud
An initial cloud migration investment can deliver both immediate and long-term benefits -- especially if the infrastructure evolves along with an institution's digital operations.
- Citizen Developers: 8 Ways IT Can Strengthen the Ties
The exponential growth of citizen developers in organizations is forcing IT to rethink its role and the skillsets that it has historically valued. What are IT organizations doing to adjust?
- Making Developers More DevSecOps Aware
Interop Digital conference tackled why it is important for IT professionals to develop vulnerability remediation habits.
- To Operationalize AI, Invest in Humans
Enterprise organizations are showing strong interest in artificial intelligence, but many are struggling to move beyond experimentation.
- Scale Your Machine Learning with MLOps
When it is time for your machine learning pilot programs to graduate and take on the real world, you need to start looking at MLOps.
- Data in Motion Drives Enterprise Change
Data in motion involves several different situations that might require different architectures, applications and management techniques. Here's what you need to know.
- IBM Research's Chief Scientist Talks AI for Cloud Migration
Part of the future is already here as AI increases its influence on hybrid cloud and the digital transformation equation, according to Ruchir Puri.
- How to Create a Successful AI Program
Artificial intelligence can be promising and valuable, but you need to focus on a few best practices to get your program moving in the right direction.
- Data Analytics Without a Plan is Like Panning for Gold
Without a strategy in place to analyze and act upon your data, you'll get bogged down, sifting for worthy nuggets.